- A new book: the representation theory of finite monoids
- The uniform word problem for finite semigroups
- The first order theory of two endomorphisms of a finite dimensional vector space is undecidable
- Equalizers of free monoid morphisms, supports of rational power series and a question of Pin
- Isomorphism of oriented matroids from a semigroup viewpoint
Tag Archives: Semigroups
The goal of this post is to prove the following theorem of Gurevich. Stronger results have been proven by Mark Sapir and can be found in his survey with Olga Kharlampovich. The version stated here lets one prove the results … Continue reading
Hyperplane face semigroups have attracted interest in recent years due to applications to Markov chains, descent algebras and buildings. Here I’ll describe an alternative way to think about hyperplane face semigroups from the zonotope view point.