- A new book: the representation theory of finite monoids
- The uniform word problem for finite semigroups
- The first order theory of two endomorphisms of a finite dimensional vector space is undecidable
- Equalizers of free monoid morphisms, supports of rational power series and a question of Pin
- Isomorphism of oriented matroids from a semigroup viewpoint
Monthly Archives: July 2013
Hyperplane face semigroups have attracted interest in recent years due to applications to Markov chains, descent algebras and buildings. Here I’ll describe an alternative way to think about hyperplane face semigroups from the zonotope view point.
This post is inspired by this Mathoverflow question. The question asks when a transformation monoid on a set can be the monoid of all continuous maps for some topology on . The OP observes that the monoid must contain all … Continue reading
I am recording here some neat proofs of some theorems on combinatorics on words. No great originality is claimed.